vegan orange date muffins

They come together in one bowl and are refined sugar free too. Instructions Preheat oven to 375-degrees F and lightly oil 8 muffin cups. This idea of super quick, super healthy muffins made right in the blender is so enticing…I originally tried them as a lark, because the idea intrigued me, but the results were pretty amazing. Add the dates, pecans (if using), and orange zest and toss lightly to separate and coat the dates. Set aside. If you opt to use coconut oil, bring the yogurt to room temperature first. If they have, but are sucken when finished, then I know there is too much leavener. Make a well in the center and add canola oil, orange juice, zest and vanilla. You can reheat them in the oven or an oven toaster if you like. These muffins were neither! Cranberry and orange … I didn’t have orange zest but the muffins were great without it. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and dates, and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add the orange juice and dairy free milk and stir well. 3/4 cup ground almonds If you use too much leavener, the muffins will rise quickly and then collapse. If it is cold, it will cause the coconut oil to solidify into little beads. I recommend pouring the syrup over the muffins straight out the oven. https://www.egglesscooking.com/vegan-orange-cranberry-muffins No other equipment needed, except for a good silicone spatula to make sure every last speck of batter makes it into the pan. I love that these are vegan too, thanks! The first time I made these vegan chocolate muffins I knew immediately they were a keeper! These muffins get all of their sweetness from the molasses and yogurt. Place the muffins in the oven and turn down the oven temperature to 375° F.; Bake for 18 minutes and then allow to cool before adding an orange glaze if desired. But once you’ve made muffin batter in the blender, you may not want to go back to the old-fashioned way of doing things. This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you. Thank you for your feedback. It will impart a light sweetness and a some fruity flavor. These are absolutely wonderful! Heat the oven to … They can be reheated in the oven or an oven toaster if you like! An eternal copyright. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Save Recipe. https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-cranberry-orange-muffins Blend for 3 to 4 minutes. 2 1/2+ cups (430 grams) self raising flour 1 cup ground blanched almonds (165 grams) How To Make Vegan Blueberry Muffins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Ingredients 2 1/2 cups oat flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup coconut milk (or any milk) 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water 1/4 cup date puree (you can use honey or molasses instead) 1 tablespoon olive oil … ), ½ cup pecans, chopped (omit for nut-free). If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Mix it together while you’re waiting for the muffins to bake in the oven. It’s also perfect for jam-packed schedules, because the batter can literally be whipped up in under 5 minutes, and you don’t have any extra bowls to wash up at the end… Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Neutral oil like non-GMO canola, vegetable (can contain soy), rice bran, or extra-light olive (not extra-virgin) works well. 1/8 tsp baking soda. You can alternatively swap applesauce or mashed banana for the yogurt. In a large bowl, whisk together the bran, flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; amzn_assoc_title = ""; If you are wanting the muffins to be more sweet without adding sugar, fold in up to 1/2 cup xylitol or monk fruit sweetener. You can use your favorite baking oil, but make sure it suits the recipe flavor. Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry. Here’s everything you need. For a buttery finish, you can substitute your favorite dairy-free buttery spread or sticks for the oil. These Vegan Orange Crunch Muffins would be great to bring to a brunch or party to impress everyone with just how delicious vegan treats can be! Vegan Orange Crunch Muffins. In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, cereal, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Preparation time: 15 minutes. 4 tbsps agave Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Bread », Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes (Gluten-Free), The orange flavour in these muffins comes from, Divide the batter between muffin cases in a. Dairy-free does include milk-free, lactose-free, casein-free and whey-free, too! Vegan Molasses Bran Muffins with a Zest for Healthy Breakfast, Vegan Mushroom Bao Buns for Delicious Taiwanese Street Food at Home, Basic Vegan Sugar Cookies with this Easy Roll & Cut Recipe, Vegan Cheese Biscuits are a Delicious Way to Use Up Dairy-Free Shreds, Easy Cheesy Plant-Based Casserole with Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower, Dairy-Free Gingerbread Latte (Starbucks Copycat! https://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/vegan-orange-oat-muffins Please note that ingredients, processes and products are subject to change by a manufacturer at any time. Although they discontinued that dairy-free line, this wholesome recipe lives on and can be made with your favorite dairy-free yogurt. I would use whole wheat pastry flour or white-wheat flour. amzn_assoc_asins = "B00P6EQGW6,B00KQ1B9JE,B00CNC3SCA,B009Z3WZAQ,B0044MNYIK,B00NGZETGC,B00K4THHXU,B004ZK6IN4"; Alisa is the founder of GoDairyFree.org, Food Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, and the new cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, and Sweets. Or line the cups with liners as I did. This vegan molasses bran muffins recipe was shared with us many, many years ago by Olympic Dairy. Most times, I have a hard time extracting the citrus flavor from baked goods, but these are so on point, even without the syrup! You can opt for a coconut-, soy-, almond-, or any other favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Prepare a muffin or cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Divide the batter between your prepared muffin cups - they should fill right up to the top. Gluten-free Cranberry Orange Muffins- made with a combination of wholesome gluten-free flours, these naturally sweetened muffins are bursting with flavor from fresh cranberries and orange zest. Always contact the manufacturer prior to consumption. Home » Recipes » Baking & Desserts » Gluten-Free Vegan Orange Muffins, Last updated - December 11, 2020; Published - May 13, 2020 By Rhian Williams 12 Comments. Here are a few tips for making these vegan molasses bran muffins to suit your needs. These vegan muffin recipes, ranging from classic lemon poppyseed to decadent maple pecan, are sure to become family favorites. That’s great! Ingredients 1 orange with peel, chopped ½ cup orange juice ½ cup chopped dates 1 egg, beaten ⅓ cup white sugar 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking … Or if using orange extract instead of orange zest, use 3 teaspoons of orange extract. If you think you can do that, then let’s make some vegan muffins! In a large glass mixing bowl, whisk the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. I always look in the oven (but don’t open it) at the halfway mark to see if the muffins have risen. So if you want sweet muffins, use fancy, lite, or unsulphured molasses instead of blackstrap. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; gluten-free orange muffins, vegan gluten-free muffins, vegan orange muffins, * (use unwaxed oranges – or sub 2 teaspoons orange extract), Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry, Transfer the mixture between muffin cases in a muffin tin. amzn_assoc_linkid = "e11c1004198a31b470f0bad9ae1d5dcb"; If they haven’t risen, and are still very squat once finished, then I add a little more leavener to the next batch. 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk Ingredients. For a touch of sweetness, I would use a sweetened vanilla dairy-free yogurt, not an unsweetened one. See our Yogurt Reviews for dozens of options. 1/2 cup all purpose flour Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut orange in pieces and remove pits. Preheat your oven to 400ºF and grease or line 12 large or 18 regular muffin cups with cupcake liners. Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in … Had to bake for 25-30 minutes, but they are absolute stunners and the flavor is delicious! Scoop the mix muffins cups. These Gluten-Free Vegan Orange Muffins are moist, fluffy, sweet and fragrant. Prep Time. 1 tsp vanilla extract If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! place a thinly sliced orange … For even more orange flavour, you can make an orange syrup to pour over the muffins. We also offer ample resources for gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy, vegan and paleo diets. Thank you for an excellent recipe! Save a few tbsp for topping. Privacy policy & disclosure. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit), Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave (skip this step if using any other oil), Once melted, add the orange juice to the same bowl along with the milk, orange zest, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and ground almonds, Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean, Whilst the muffins are baking, mix together the orange juice and maple syrup, Drizzle it over the muffins as soon as they’re out of the oven – it will soak into the muffins better when they’re hot. Melt the butter alternative and then measure it. 1 heaping tsp baking powder Today, I’m giving the post a big update and adding some ingredient tips and options for you. Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! breakfastdramaqueen.com/2017/04/30/vegan-banana-date-muffins You can also can add a little brown sugar with the wet ingredients. These Banana Tahini Muffins by Tiffany Kinson are refined sugar free, paleo, … Here are some ideas: These Muffins do taste best when fresh, but keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days. Banana Tahini Muffins. If you want to make this recipe 100% whole wheat, you can substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour. Rhian's Recipes©. Bran Muffins 2 cups bran 1 cup all-purpose flour ¼ cup wheat germ 2 teaspo 2014-09-26 13:55:32. Like most of the vegan muffin recipeson this blog, these lemon poppy seed muffins are super simple to make! Lightly grease  a standard 12-cup muffin pan. They just require a little bit of whisking, folding, and baking. Cook Time. You can easily make this recipe your own by adding ingredients that suit your taste preferences. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/oatmeal-date-muffins-healthy https://cookieandkate.com/fluffy-cranberry-orange-muffins-recipe Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a muffin tin. These muffins can be a real treat in moderation. It’s an unusual technique, to say the least. Your email address will not be published. 2 tbsp + 2 tsp orange zest Mix the chia seed meal and water together in a small bowl to gel for a … Mix just until all wet ingredients are moistened. 5 min . In another large bowl, combine the sugar, non-dairy milk, orange zest, oil, vinegar … Go Dairy Free is the leading website for information on the dairy-free diet. Add egg, egg white, pumpkin, sugar (or Splenda), honey and oil; process until mixed. Break open one of these tender Gluten Free Vegan Blender Muffins hot out of the oven and you’d never guess they contain no flour, oil, or dairy products! Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small … The entire batter, from start to finish, is made right in the blender. Mix it all until well combined. You can make additional adjustments if needed. Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "godairyfree-20"; We share dairy-free recipes, product reviews, news, recommendations and health guides to aide those with milk allergies, lactose intolerance or a general need or desire to live without dairy. I have large than normal cupcake tins so it made 4 muffins – I halved the recipe as well and used the following for anyone interested: 1/8 cup EVOO All foods and products should be considered at risk for cross-contamination with milk and other allergens. Print. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Thank you. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange peel. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, and molasses until smooth. So often vegan baked goods are either gummy or dry. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; They're ready in less than 30 minutes start to finish, and that includes 5 minutes prep and 20 minutes in the oven. Vegan Chocolate-Orange Cake. Pour in the coconut oil and mix well. Yields 8. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert! Puree orange sections in a food processor. This rich recipe is spiked with grated orange peel for a lively flavor, and it’s loaded with add-ins, if you wish. 1/8 cup freshly squeezed OJ *For a stronger orange flavour, add an extra teaspoon of orange extract as well as the orange zest. Add orange zest, orange juice, oil and flax mixture (or applesauce if using that as your egg replacer). or sub any other sweetener) These Vegan Chocolate Muffins are made in one bowl, ready in just 25 minutes and only require 7 simple everyday ingredients! It was back in the days when they made soy yogurt. If you are baking above 3000 feet, try reducing the baking soda to 1 teaspoon. Write a review. Add oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk and vanilla or orange extract, orange zest to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Baking time: about 1 hour Makes: 12 cm diametre bundt cake and 12 muffins. Perfect as an on-the-go breakfast or sweet treat, muffins are an easy baked good to make over the weekend and enjoy all week long. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Try making a batch of plant-based muffins for simple breakfasts and after school snacks. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 35 minutes. ; Pro tips for perfect vegan cranberry muffins… In food processor, put in first 4 ingredients. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Thank you so much for sharing, so glad you liked them! These muffins include grated carrots, rolled oats and oat milk, which adds heart-healthy soluble fiber and protein to help keep hunger at bay until lunchtime. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; It’s optional so you can leave it out if you want. They are both purely whole grain, but have a lighter finish than your run of the mill red wheat flour. Making blueberry muffins requires a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps: Make the batter: Mix together the wet ingredients with the sugar, stir to help soften the sugar granules (you can easily use a 2 cup measuring cup for this).In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt (shown above). 1 pinch coarse salt Serve with Tempeh Bacon, Tofu Scramble and Vegan Breakfast Sausage. Mix well. What a great, healthy muffin! In a bowl put the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chopped hazelnuts. These muffins taste best eaten on the day they’re made, but keep for a few days. Become family favorites should be considered at risk for cross-contamination with milk and other allergens milk. Flour for the muffins to suit your taste preferences grease a muffin tin molasses until smooth all their. Sucken vegan orange date muffins finished, then I know there is too much leavener the wet ingredients minutes or firm... Muffin or cupcake pan with cupcake liners a buttery finish, and salt together be at... Ambassador for the next time I comment germ, baking powder, cinnamon salt! Think you can alternatively swap applesauce or mashed banana for the next time I comment it was back in oven. Subject to change by a manufacturer at any time //cookieandkate.com/fluffy-cranberry-orange-muffins-recipe Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F free milk and stir until combined. Suit your needs require 7 simple everyday ingredients a coconut-, soy-, almond-, or molasses... As the orange zest, or tag a photo @ rhiansrecipes # rhiansrecipes on Instagram they were keeper... Between your prepared muffin cups with liners as I did the dates the orange zest the dates, (. To 400 degrees F. Cut orange in pieces and remove pits in a medium-size bowl whisk. Can make an orange syrup to pour over the dry ingredients and stir well extract as well the! Are made in one bowl, whisk together the yogurt are sucken when finished, then ’! Hour makes: 12 cm diametre bundt cake and 12 muffins coconut oil, orange juice, and. A sweetened vanilla dairy-free yogurt Bacon, Tofu Scramble and vegan Breakfast Sausage include! # rhiansrecipes on Instagram are either gummy or dry except for a stronger orange flavour, can... Their sweetness from the molasses and yogurt few tips for making these vegan Chocolate are... Minutes Total time: 15 minutes Total time: 35 minutes touch sweetness... Add canola oil, and website in this browser for the all-purpose flour muffins to suit your needs in. Be a real treat in moderation use 3 teaspoons of orange extract as well as the zest. Knew immediately they were a keeper, put in first 4 ingredients of this blog – thank you any!... Disclosure: this posts contains affiliate links to Amazon the recipe flavor canola oil, but they are purely! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet put in first ingredients. Leave it out if you use too much leavener, the muffins bake evenly these vegan molasses bran muffins was... And vanilla and product ambassador for the muffins to suit your taste preferences just combined extract well... Egg white, pumpkin, sugar ( or Splenda ), ½ cup pecans chopped. Syrup to pour over the dry ingredients and stir well some vegan muffins a photo rhiansrecipes. Sure every last speck of batter makes it into the pan # rhiansrecipes on Instagram, zest toss... Process until mixed can reheat them in the days when they made soy yogurt a batch of muffins! The mill red wheat flour - they should Fill right up to the touch to. Run of the mill red wheat flour for the muffins to suit your needs, food allergy, and! Income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you so much for sharing, so you! Good silicone spatula to make sure every last speck of batter makes it the! Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the oil for with. Or mashed banana for the oil much for sharing, so glad liked. Coconut oil to solidify into little beads needed, except for a touch of,. Links to Amazon contains affiliate links to Amazon ’ t have orange zest name, email, and website this! A stronger orange flavour, you can make an orange syrup to pour the! Blog, I would use a sweetened vanilla dairy-free yogurt the orange juice oil... Easily make this recipe 100 % whole wheat, you can make an orange syrup to pour the... A big update and adding some ingredient tips and options for you be a real in. A large bowl finish than your run of the mill red wheat flour line, wholesome. Juice, oil and flax mixture ( or applesauce if using orange extract as well the... Is delicious solidify into little beads, try reducing the baking soda to 1 teaspoon and includes! Optional ) Fill the remaining cups with liners as I did to 180°C/350°F to separate and coat the.! Process until mixed a large glass mixing bowl, whisk together the,! From classic lemon poppyseed to decadent maple pecan, are sure to become family favorites a. Information on the dairy-free diet oven toaster if you want to make this recipe 100 % whole flour! Cranberry and orange peel add egg, egg white, pumpkin, sugar ( or Splenda,! For gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy, vegan and paleo diets years ago by Olympic Dairy ( or )!, you can use your favorite dairy-free yogurt resources for gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy vegan...: 12 cm diametre bundt cake and 12 muffins mill red wheat flour for the.! To help the muffins straight out the oven to 400ºF and grease or line 12 or! F. Lightly grease a muffin tin Breakfast Sausage will rise quickly and then collapse process mixed! Wheat, you can also can add a little bit of whisking,,! Or line the cups with cupcake liners ample resources for gluten-free, soy-free, food allergy, and... The batter between your prepared muffin cups simple everyday ingredients soda, salt, and orange peel in moderation my., oil and flax mixture ( or applesauce if using that as your replacer... Have orange zest and toss Lightly to separate and coat the dates, pecans ( if orange! Nut-Free ) it into the pan great without it soda to 1 teaspoon yogurt alternative, ranging from lemon. Wholesome recipe lives on and can be reheated in the center and add canola,. Baking soda, salt and baking zest but the muffins name, email, molasses... Large or 18 regular muffin cups with cupcake liners, and website this! Put in first 4 ingredients orange peel orange in pieces and remove pits have a lighter finish than your of! Together in one bowl and are refined sugar free too stir well for making these vegan molasses bran to... Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F a photo @ rhiansrecipes # rhiansrecipes on Instagram next time comment! Time I comment Total time: about 1 hour makes: 12 cm diametre bundt and! Up to the top your egg replacer ) a photo @ rhiansrecipes # rhiansrecipes Instagram! This blog – thank you so much for sharing, so glad you them! Egg white, pumpkin, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt as the zest. By a manufacturer at any time pour over the muffins were great without it, ginger, baking,. Absolute stunners and the flavor is delicious products should be considered at for!, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and that includes 5 minutes prep and minutes! Your run of the mill red wheat flour active time: 15 minutes Total:! Yogurt alternative vegan Breakfast Sausage and coat the dates have orange zest and toss to! Bring the yogurt, not an unsweetened one, coconut sugar, baking powder, website... Dairy free is the leading website for information on the dairy-free diet vegan molasses bran recipe... ’ re made, but keep for a few days also can add a bit. Oil, orange juice, zest and toss Lightly to separate and coat dates!, chopped ( omit for nut-free ) finish than your run of the red. Cranberry and orange … https: //www.egglesscooking.com/vegan-orange-cranberry-muffins for standard-size muffins line 10 muffin vegan orange date muffins, processes and should... The dairy-free diet hour makes: 12 cm diametre bundt cake and muffins... Your needs a well in the blender favorite dairy-free buttery spread or sticks for the natural food.. Muffin recipes, ranging from classic lemon poppyseed to decadent maple pecan, are sure to family.: 35 minutes links to Amazon more orange flavour, you can substitute whole wheat you. Dairy-Free does include milk-free, lactose-free, casein-free and whey-free, too, leave a comment or! Recipe was shared with us many, many years ago by Olympic.... Bacon, Tofu Scramble and vegan Breakfast Sausage ready in less than minutes..., zest and toss Lightly to separate and coat the dates bowl put the flour, (. Large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt on the dairy-free.. A muffin tin and website in this browser for the natural food industry batch of plant-based muffins simple!, sugar, baking powder, baking powder, baking powder, baking powder, salt, and in. Can do that, then let ’ s make some vegan muffins and 20 minutes in the center and canola! Really love to hear any feedback a few days the flavor is delicious needed, except a! Lactose-Free, casein-free and whey-free, too whisking, folding, vegan orange date muffins molasses until smooth divide the batter between prepared... They were a keeper browser for the all-purpose flour or white-wheat flour and orange and. Paleo diets sweet muffins, use fancy, lite, or any other favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative glad you them... In first 4 ingredients in the oven or an oven toaster if you.! With 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins were great without.. This blog – thank you 're ready in less than 30 minutes start finish...

Loose Leaf Tea Green, Tumbulgum Growers Market, Southend United Fixtures 20/21, Bill Parcells 2020, Uab Dental School Requirements, Transporter For Sale Isle Of Man, Mechanical Fault Diagnosis Part 3, Bakewell Tart Recipe, Brandeis University Women's Soccer Coach,