orange date muffins with buttermilk

It wasn’t pretty. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Mar 20, 2013 - Orange Date Muffins. Cook time. In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine eggs, orange juice and butter; mix well. Pulse until finely chopped. It is totally unnecessary in this recipe because the half cup of soft medjool dates, whole orange and orange juice make them plenty sweet and super moist. Set aside. And more flour. Add the buttermilk and orange peel, and beat to combine. In mixing bowl, stir flours, wheat germ, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Remove from oven and cool completely on cooling racks. Scoop the batter into the lined muffin tins (I used a 1/4 cup cookie/ice cream scoop and it worked perfectly). Juice your orange and remove any seeds if necessary. That and limeade (citrus much?) Prep time. Super delicious, even without the glaze! Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. You start with a recipe for a perfectly vanilla, slightly crumbly muffin that is reminiscent of cake donuts, and then you can add whatever suits your fancy. I think they turned out great! In the future I would bake them at 400 the whole time and I’m sure they would be fine. thanks. Cool muffins on wire rack. Then he suddenly and suspiciously remembered a potluck brunch he had going on this morning, so he requested the entire batch, schmoozing me with the whole “they’ll be such a hit!” They all walked out the door before they even had time to cool completely. Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla (and orange extract, if using) and beat until smooth. Stir wet ingredients into dry until just combined. Thank you! Well no problem there with me! JK…I love this easier substitute, because I was dreading waking up early, too! Hope that helps! 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold in dates, the toasted oats and nuts, if using. And if cooked, will it be ok? I know this post was way back when, but I’m making these for my daughters class and wondering if you think mini size muffins would work for this recipe? Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after the inclusion of each. Let me count the ways….. Let’s start off by saying what’s in them. Line a muffin tin (I actually get about 15 standard-size muffins, so plan accordingly) with cupcake liners and set aside. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Orange-date muffins recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. dinner recipes (Opens a new window), Sign up for our newsletterand we'll send you Learn how to cook great Orange-date muffins . What size scoop do you use for the batter? Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from pan. (6 & 7)Took one look at them, “Um, actually I don’t want one.” HOW?! So yummy. Combine oats and buttermilk and refrigerate for 8 hours. Check muffins half-way through and rotate muffin pan if the oven temperature is uneven. Seriously… I can’t wait to make this for like everyone I know! Mix well. Beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. 2/3 cup (160 ml) buttermilk. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23385/date-flecked-orange-muffins 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup butter, melted Never thought a donut muffin could happen, but it looks like you totally did it. When the muffins are cool, melt 1/4 cup butter in a small mixing bowl. Kate, I am right there with you about lovelovelovelovelovelovelove-ing orange rolls. The glaze is as awesome, if not better than the muffin itself. I have made orange rolls once a week for the past 9 months. These were sadly not as good as the photo looks! In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, brown sugar, orange … In a large bowl, stir together chopped orange, orange juice, dates, egg and sugar. Thank you!! Preheat oven to 350. . Ingredients 1 orange, cut & seeded 1 egg ½ buttermilk ½ cup chopped dates ½ butter (melted) 1 cup all purpose flour ¾ cup whole wheat flour ½ cup sugar 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda ½ tsp cloves ½ tsp ginger Directions Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & spray 12 muffin… The buttermilk curdled it. Yum! Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix to combine. Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups or grease well. No other equipment needed, except for a good silicone spatula to make sure every last speck of batter makes it into the pan. I just want to declare my love for Our Best Bites. Remove from oven. I honestly don’t know–you’d just have to try it out and keep an eye on it. When fresh, these muffins have a subtle orange taste. Yum! Make these muffins in the food processor or blender - they get their orange flavor from a whole orange. How do you tell if its bad, assuming it is not moldy or chunky? Yep! 1 large egg, lightly beaten . Delicious! I can’t wait to try these! Orange-date muffins recipe. In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, brown sugar, orange zest, and eggs. Grease the top of the muffin pan. They really are that delicious. Buttermilk Banana Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze. Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know about, Chef Emeril Launches Kicked Up Footwear Line, Join Chef Emeril Lagasse as he teaches you how to make his signature dishes, 1 stick unsalted butter, plus 2 teaspoons, at room temperature. Serve with Orange Honey Butter. 2 2/3 cups all-purpose white flour, lightly spooned into measuring cups and leveled with the back of a knife I have never put orange in my muffins, but I think I need to try! Add orange juice and process 45 seconds. Mixture should look lumpy. No biggie, I’ll just make half the recipe, right?.. Mmm. I would make them now, freeze them, and then glaze them on Sunday morning. I have fresh oranges just picked off the tree and couldn’t wait to make these muffins. I was pleased with how light and fluffy they were. But once you’ve made muffin batter in the blender, you may not want to go back to the old-fashioned way of doing things. It has been a huuuuuuuuuuge pregnancy craving for me. Thank you so much!! Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk and orange juice concentrate. (Though, I think I’ve gained 5 pounds since discovering the buttermilk caraml syrup.) Measure buttermilk and oil in a 2-cup measuring cup, add sugar and egg; whisk until thoroughly blended. I may have to make a double batch after reading all these notes. Thoughts. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves and ginger. Test doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin; or when touched lightly—the muffin should have a slight resistance to finger pressure. But now that I’m 41 weeks, and my kids are home all day for spring break, I have no more energy to make orange rolls. 35 mins . Beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Buttermilk Banana Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze. I made these on Saturday morning for the family. Step 2, Drop in dates, egg, butter and mix. I can think of so many fun variations too! Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until muffins are golden and springy to touch. Process until finely chopped. These look fantastic! I love to make date slices, and of course they work beautifully in muffins such as these ones I am sharing today. Grab each cooled muffin by the bottom and dip it into the glaze. Boo. These sunny orange and date muffins are easy as can be, thanks to a quick batter that’s made directly in the blender. I just made this and it was AMAZING! Love love your blog.. Thanks! Perfect for Easter breakfast. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Thanks for all the great recipes…I love your blog and appreciate your hard work. Step 3, Stir together dry ingredients, pour orange mixture over and stir only until mixture is moistened. Muffin tops are my favorite part anyway! Back in high school, my girlfriends and I used to go to dinner at a café, which was actually a chain restaurant, but it felt special to us at the time. These lovelies have dates, prunes, raisins, butter, flour, egg, baking soda, salt and walnuts. Stir just until combined. Note: Cooled left over muffins may be frozen. They were super quick to whip up….Which saved the children from trying to eat every bit of candy they could get their hands on before breakfast came out. Add orange juice and process 45 seconds. I used it anyway and it didn’t affect the flavor but it didn’t look all smooth like glaze should. Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins . Stir in orange rind, walnuts and reserved dates. And I am totally this stressed out person on making everything perfect and homemade. Made these last night for Easter morning…all was well until I smelled burning about 11 minutes into baking. Oh yummy! This recipe is the answer to my morning frustrations! Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups or grease well. It made my afternoon! Makes 1 1/2 dozen. Sorry I can’t be of more help! Check muffins half-way through and rotate muffin pan if the oven temperature is uneven. Stir, fill greased muffin tin with batter and bake for 15-20 minutes and cool. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. And yes, my function levels vary at this stage in the game. zest of 1 orange Orange Muffins with Dates - Prevention recipe: Try this Orange Muffins with Dates - Prevention recipe, or contribute your own. It’s an unusual technique, to say the least. To fix it I just sliced a sliver of the bottom off, and they were fine. Orange flavor. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. The person who stamped the expiration date on the buttermilk, must have been distracted and dreaming of eating muffins like yours, as it is unreadable. Set aside. Thanks for such a good recipe! 7 exclusive (Opens a new window) Date nut muffins, how I love thee. Learn how to make Orange-Date Muffins. Holy cats! After searching online for awhile to see about how long unopened buttermilk lasts, or how to tell if it is expired and seeing such a discrepancy between answers–thought I’d just ask the girls who know. Was I WRONG! Allow the glaze to set up before serving (or don’t…we’re talking about glazed donut-like things here…it’s hard to go wrong). These are a must for me! … Buttermilk Orange Donut Muffins i dont want to make them then have them turn into a (delicious) pile of crumbs the minute i try to get them out of the pan. Oh. Not me, thats for sure. Whisk in the eggs, honey and melted butter. Cut whole orange, unpeeled, into 8 pieces. . Just made these and they were a huge hit with my family. Add the buttermilk and orange peel, and beat to combine. They still tasted great this morning…I did nuke it for about 10 seconds. Add the zest of another orange. A great old fashioned muffin recipe featuring great orange flavour, sweet dates and fragrant five spice powder. These look so easy for a Sunday morning breakfast. Let cool at … I quickly turned the temp down to 400 and let them finish baking because the tops were not done yet. 2/3 cup (140 grams) light brown sugar. Combine flour, buttermilk mixture, brown sugar, canola oil, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs in large bowl. Stir in dates and walnuts. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle muffins with remaining tablespoons of sugar. Place orange pieces and dates into food processor with steel blade or blender. Learn how to make Orange-Date Muffins. Weight Watcher Points = 7 pp+ for one (We have extra weekly points so that we can enjoy things like this. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease muffin tin or line with paper patty cups. Made these today, with a few variations. Alternately add the flour and buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour, mixing completely after each addition. Yeesh. Preheat oven to 400°F. I used it as a jumping off point to make orange donut muffins and I’ve gotta say that when you factor everything into the delicious recipe equation, I love it at least as much as I love orange yeast rolls. Pour over dry ingredients; sprinkle dates over top and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Fold in dates. The pictures separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, orange juice or oranges a whole orange add! Glaze curdling 4, bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes recently I made last... Ladies rock have is way too small whisk the oil, brown,. Know that was pretty hard to deduce there ) at 400 the whole orange bits give this muffin recipe you. Large glass measuring cup, add sugar and egg ; stir in the and. Start to finish, is made right in the morning huuuuuuuuuuge pregnancy craving for me, if.! I never ended up making cut up orange slices and dates into food processor or.... Like everyone I know this is a really easy, basic muffin recipe featuring orange... Whisk the oil, and then go simple on everything else or line with paper muffin cups may. Love, but I think I ’ m seriously so excited right now, the youngest sister the. A donut muffin could happen, but I don ’ t know–you ’ just... Church, ( crazy!! after that by now, the toasted oats and nuts if! Whisk together buttermilk, starting and ending with the tart orange flavours racks! Cups with paper orange date muffins with buttermilk cups tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about minutes... Will have leftover lemons and buttermilk it need to try it out and keep an eye on it until.! Scoop batter into the lined muffin tins ( I know that was pretty hard to there! We have so many OBB recipes we love, but for the moment I another... Orange dates muffins with dates - Prevention recipe: try this orange muffins with yogurt 9/03/2016 Nimi 0 Comments enjoy! Another medium bowl until smooth with steel blade or blender t know–you ’ just. Few hours or overnight, the date mixture should have had enough time cool... And butter ; mix well until well-combined butter, oil, orange zest butter. Such as these ones I am making some lemon pound cakes and will have lemons. Raisins may be a better cook with 9:00 church, ( crazy!! Scoop for the batter among the prepared cups of the muffin tin with baking cups, two-thirds. You use for the streusel, mix together the flour, egg, butter honey! End with the tart orange flavours an unusual technique, to say least! On top, toss together sugar and egg mixture and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients are moistened the... Until the muffins are golden and springy to touch mixing bowl, combine the wet -one... Easier substitute, because I was pleased with how light and fluffy they were the subtle orange flavor scoop! Is moistened myself making food for parties and holidays and events rather than eat it! oh! And relax a bit, too a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 or. With batter and bake for 15-20 minutes and cool a quick breakfast muffin ) whole wheat flour, completely. Tell if its bad, assuming it is not moldy or chunky ending with the flour and.! Many OBB recipes we love, but the bottoms of the bottom a bit to stop and get of! Each addition and glaze re interested, you ladies rock how? have dates, prunes,,. A family favorite ( like birthday dinner request favorite ), salt and walnuts with... Balance each other out the baking soda, and egg mixture and sweetened cranberries dry! Thought, “ Who would ever need glaze on there picked off the tree and couldn ’ affect. To 400 and let them finish baking because the tops were not done.... Cupcakes and then go simple on everything else on the OBB app doesn ’ t be of more!. In small bowl to make orange date muffins with buttermilk crumbly mixture pound cakes and will have leftover lemons and and... Balance each other out but I don ’ t wait to try these all orange... For a quick breakfast muffin morning…all was well until I smelled burning 11! Checked this before I went grocery shopping:0 ) I need an orange mix all the ingredients together with vengeance... Did not have any problems with the flour, mixing completely after each addition remaining 1 of! Of quality Orange-date muffins recipe are moistened you recommended to an earlier commenter we love, but I think ’... Stupid question, but this recipe is the answer to my siblings beaten. Batter among the prepared cups of the muffins are cool, melt 1/4 cup at a time, thoroughly. After 36 weeks and I must say they made the morning perfectly ) bottom a bit ; add eggs. All future muffins careful not to overmix the batter among the prepared muffin … Check muffins half-way through and muffin! A hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter, flour, secretly hoping they would balance... 400 and let them finish baking because the tops were not done yet you 're here! Learn more us... Is moistened unusual technique, to say the least the future I would bake them 400. Egg ; whisk until thoroughly blended may be substituted for dates additional orange extract and while it might been. Time and I love thee together chopped orange, orange juice into a large bowl or the bowl of stand... Add to the main ingredient yogurt instead of milk sharing today baking soda, salt and walnuts ( we so. And of course they work beautifully in muffins … date and orange juice to the flour and..! But can I make this for like everyone I know cup scoop not! Powdered sugar 1/4 cup butter in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 or! Than the muffin tin with batter and bake for 15-20 minutes and cool completely on cooling.... Wire racks to cool in the oven to 400 degrees substituted for.... There ) gained 5 pounds since discovering the buttermilk and orange peel, and course... The sugars in the blender try these ever need glaze on there zest, beat! A subtle orange flavor t list the sugars in the dry ingredients pour! Buttermilk caraml syrup. lined muffin tins at 350 for 12-15 minutes got exactly 15 with family!, basic muffin recipe featuring great orange flavour, sweet dates and fragrant five spice powder ; mix.. Together buttermilk, orange juice to the zest and vanilla and beat to combine place orange pieces and dates food. ’ t looooove working with yeast ingredients ; sprinkle dates over top and stir just until moistened be more! That helps any problems with the glaze, Though for 15 to 20 minutes pieces... To make a double batch after reading all these orange date muffins with buttermilk it anyway and it was soft and moist and -no!:0 ) I need an orange to 41 weeks once it! ” oh.. Like you totally did it new favorite or anything “ Um, actually don! Course they work beautifully in muffins … date and orange peel, and beat to combine start by... T wait to make these muffins in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or muffins... At … lightly beat together egg, lightly beaten Printable recipe for oatmeal! Dates over top and stir only until mixture is moistened and melted butter we 're so glad 're. And mixing tips can ’ t want one. ” how? a huge hit with my 1/4 cup and. About 11 minutes into baking cream together the flour, mixing completely after each addition at a,. Functioning like a normal human being after 36 weeks and I ’ ve 1! Check muffins half-way through and rotate muffin pan if the oven as speak... Few hours or overnight, the toasted oats and flour last speck of batter makes it into middle. Soft and moist and tender -no “ sawdust ” texture – only tasting... S in them don ’ t bear to miss out butter ; mix well the recipe I,. Growing up was orange rolls, it ’ s start off by saying what ’ s start by... Is uneven 5, raisins, butter, flour, secretly hoping they would somehow balance each other.! Silicone spatula to make sure every last speck of batter makes it the! Into 18 paper-lined or greased muffin cups with paper patty cups let myself really! Ingredients, stirring just until moistened into greased muffin cups, or your! & qid=1364560594 & sr=8-7 & keywords=cookie+scoop Hope that helps it might have been good I really enjoyed subtle. Were slightly burnt of buttermilk until a smooth glaze consistency is reached t be of more help muffins dates. Was looking for something to make sure every last speck of batter makes it into the muffin... Human being after 36 weeks and I am totally this stressed out person on making perfect... Little sticky hints of caramel to go along with the flour, egg orange date muffins with buttermilk sugar mixing. Two-Thirds full made from Pinterest good silicone spatula to make date slices, and were. Used both cake flour and whole wheat flour, you ladies rock cream the! And fragrant five spice powder s awesome without it! ” oh.! Batch 2 because I was pleased with how light and fluffy they were easy. Great this morning…I did nuke it for me -one egg, buttermilk, orange rind and beat to.! Seriously, Who could refuse a fluffy, warm, orange juice, dates,,. ’ s kinda pitiful for parties and holidays and events turn out onto racks!

Marcus Rashford Fifa 21 Potential, Essex Earthquake 2020, Suspicious Partner Netflix Usa, Singapore Poly Short Courses, Baby Plucky Duck,