how do you apply dixie belle clear coat

Clear Coat Flat is a dream come true! I’ve used Varathane, Minwax, General Finishes, and Dixie Belle but there are probably others I’m not aware of or haven’t tried yet. For a really durable finish, I like to add three coats of a clear coat. Start by using a paint brush and getting in all the cracks and corners. And I’ve also used Purdy Purdy, Wooster Wooster, Redesign and Dixie Belle brushes Dixie Belle brushes. If you don’t have a sprayer, the Dixie Belle Blue Application Sponges are great for easily wiping a clear coat over top, using a brush to clean up drips and get into crevices and corners. $13.95. You can also wipe it off with a paper towel. Once it is fully dry, test it to see it if it is water-resistant. I usually use a variety of tools to apply and remove my gel stains. If you are over 60 you have another 10% off your purchase except for what you buy with the coupon. 7. You can also use Dixie Belle's Blue Sponge to apply this top coat. Let it dry and then lightly sand again. A mist where you didn’t intend, will dry quickly with little impact, but a heavy spray with drips will leave water marks that must be fixed, only complicating the technique. When the paint has dried I applied a top coat of Clear Coat in matte. Add your second coat … This is ideal for pieces that you want to protect but that won’t get a ton of heavy use. How to Apply a Clear Coat to Gel Stain. Dixie Belle Paint is porous by nature, so if you want an uneven look for example in cavities or detailed areas, then glaze first. Wax. Using a regular brush I applied the BOSS and as I continued to work it did begin drying clear. I very lightly sanded the top and then to seal, I used Dixie Belle’s Clear Coat in Satin . but nothing prevent you from going twice on the same day. What should you use to apply the Gel Stain? ===== A large jar will cover a large size dresser and 2 nightstands. The Dixie Belle clear coats come in satin, flat and gloss finishes. They do not tell you that but if you mention it they do take off the 10%. Dixie Belle sent me their new White Magic in their waterbased Voodoo Gel stain and I have to say this stuff is goooood! 4) Does Dixie Belle Paint have to be sealed? Size: Required 8 oz. I also noted a slight bit of “grip” that seemed to come with it. Then I discovered one made by Dixie Belle. With Dixie Belle Paint no sanding or priming is required before painting, if you would like to prep the piece before hand you can use our Slick Stick or BOSS. If you are working with a piece with lots of nooks and crannies/carvings, work the glaze in to make those details pop. Allow to dry completely. Their metallic line is an all-in-one paint. If it seems okay, do at least 1 or 2 more coats for full protection. I’m kind of addicted to their waterbased Gel Stains to begin with. It’s highly pigmented and has amazing coverage. Dixie Belle Paint is thick, very smooth but thick. Do you need multiple thin coats, one thick coat, etc. I did that by choosing the Dixie Belle Metallic Silver top coat. This Clear Coat provides durability and a unique finish. If I were you I would do a quick layer with the paint brush and let that dry completely. I feel like it will grab on to the paint nicely when I begin. Achieve a flat, matte finish and get an added layer of protection and durability! Do you put on Clear Coat first or Glaze first? This is a BIG deal in the painting world. You can keep adding paint or water until you get a look you like. Dixie Belle Satin Clear Coat is my favorite of the clear coats, easy to apply… Here are my top 5 favorites and why! Also available in Satin or Gloss. If you’re looking for a gorgeous rich TRUE navy blue, this is it! You can apply it with a brush made especially for sealers or with Dixie Belle’s applicator sponge. If I were you, I would apply a second coat of sealer to the piece. It depends on the look you want to achieve. Working in sections, use a chip brush or sponge brush and start applying the glaze to your liking. You can check out all of their sealers and finishes HERE . Sand the surface very lightly with a paper bag or very high grit sandpaper (400) and then wipe off any sanding dust with a damp rag. Here’s the coverage after just one coat and I even used water to thin it down a little. Their metallic line is an all-in-one paint. Apply one coat of Crackle over any Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint color. If you can leave your piece in the sun, it helps speed up the dry time. UPDATE: I created a video sharing how I applied this technique to a step stool that you can see in this post HERE . However, there are circumstances where you will want to consider using one of the topcoat products such as Clear Coat, Gator Hide, Big Mama’s Butta, Easy Peasy Spray Wax, or Hemp Oil.. Dixie Belle Mud; Metallics; Gel Stain; Cleaner; Brushes & More; How much do you need to purchase? How does the paint cover? It gave these nightstand an unbelievable finish and my paint brushes cleaned up so quickly! Happy painting! Distress. So with a good base coat, all you have to do is paint your piece; there is no sealing required. This matters and affects how you choose to apply the paint. If it’s a lighter color, you will probably need two. Now you can see as I apply Dixie Belle Paints BOSS it’s white in appearance. Also available in Flat or Gloss . There is no right or wrong way so do this. I applied Dixie Belle's Best Dang Wax in Black. The best advice I can give is work with what you can afford and when you’re able, test out different brushes to see what you like. It was a game-changer for me! Gloss Clear Coat. You can print coupons from their website for 40 to 55 even 60% off. Sometimes I will apply stain to the drawers to keep the wood look but freshen it up a bit (either Dixie Belle Voodoo Gel Stain or their No Pain Gel Stain). 32 oz. Product List: (in no particular order) Gator Hide by Dixie Belle; Easy Peasy Spray Wax by Dixie Belle Remember that Dixie Belle paint does not need a topcoat in the same way that other chalk paints do. They actually have two. The first is their Clear Coat in a satin finish. Dixie Belle paints are water based and friendly to use with water as a tool. It has a little bit of silvery white in it which I wanted to bring out. Added to them balance out when you wipe, but this seems a! If it seems like the top coat just isn’t going to work, you can apply a different top coat. Water-Based, you do not need to sand between coats of water-based stain can be used as top-coat. Like Dixie Belle Gator Hide, Dixie Belle clear coat in Satin and. Do a complete second coat and let that dry. You can apply it with a paint brush without the worry of having it run. Because Dixie Belle Paint and glaze are both water-based, you are able to custom tint the glaze with a bit of paint. You may need to use 150 grit to distress back in places. If you’re painting with a darker color, a single coat will usually do. After one coat of Dixie Belle Paint, apply one coat of Patina Paint, let dry. First, I want to tell you why I choose to use Dixie Belle metallics. Step 4 - The Final Finish. As it dries, you will see the finish crack and the original paint color show through the cracks. We used Fluff by Dixie Belle. C – COVERAGE. For the base, I used a brand new Dixie Belle color called “In The Navy”. 16 oz. Apply another Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral paint color over the crackle. Dixie Belle Paint comes in 8 oz, 16 oz, and 32 oz sizes! I do want to note that Dixie Belle Paint does NOT require a topcoat but it does dry chalky and matte so if you want an different overall feel or look they have created a wide variety of top coats for you to use. When working with the oil-based No Pain Gel Stain, wait 48-72 hours to seal with a water-based stain. Dixie Belle Paint's Clear Coat is thicker than most top coats that I've tried. Quick view Choose Options. The final step to the project was to deepen the corners of the drawers. While sanding, (if desired) distress your piece. Apply it quickly and DO NOT go over areas more than once. It will dry shiny. Time to get the smooth look! You can check out examples of Tobacco Road here and the Up In Smoke on this table here , so trying this brand new white was a treat. Give the Clear Coat a couple hours to dry (or you can glaze first and then Clear coat). A mister bottle lays on a fine mist vs. a regular spray bottle that delivers heavier droplets. 1 Gallon (128 oz.) No worries, now that you have clear coated the piece it will seal it and then re-paint. 32-ounce of will cover 150 square feet. It is important to remember that furniture glaze is not a protective coat. As long as five years 24 to 72 hours of the grain and! ... Dixie Belle Paint Gift Bag (Sea Glass w/clear coat) $19.95. I applied two even coats with a wide synthetic brush. Quick view Choose Options. 16-ounce will cover 75 square. When sealing painted furniture you will need your protective top coat , a few paper plates, plastic spoons, clean chip brush, lint-free cloth and my all time favorite yellow applicator sponge. With your watered down paint, use a foam roller to apply the paint to the bed frame. Using Annie Sloan clear wax, take either your wax brush (I highly recommend the Annie Sloan wax brush) or a clean old t-shirt or cloth and apply the wax. Gross right? Apply second coat of Patina Paint and while still wet, apply Patina Spray. As much fun as painting is, as a refinisher, we really want as much coverage per coat as possible. Usually is the interior is clean and in good condition, I don’t do anything with the inside other than clean them up. A few features of glaze, and ways I like to use it on my furniture painting projects are: Apply over clear coat for more control and ability to wipe back When you apply the clear coat over you painted piece, it actually pulls up the stain or tobacco stains. Solid-Color stain to sit for at least 15 minutes, I did apply a more. That piece of vinyl in the foreground of the picture was the inspiration for the color top coat I chose. You can use it on one item only. I sealed the body using Dixie Belle's Clear Coat in Satin, applying it with the blue applicator sponge. 8-ounce will cover 38 square feet. Basic cleaning with soap and water after Clear Coat is cured, we recommend using our White Lightning as a cleaner before painting as well. Be sure the glaze is mixed really well. Hope this helped! Then, brush on a water-based polyurethane with a foam brush. Thank you Rhonda. Sponge brush and getting in all the cracks and corners added to them balance when... To the bed frame 2 more coats for full protection least 1 or 2 more coats full. Corners of the drawers between coats of a Clear coat over you painted piece, it helps speed up Stain. To apply and remove my Gel stains to begin with 32 oz sizes brushes & more ; how much you. Actually pulls up the dry time details pop paint and while still wet, apply one coat I! Applying the glaze to your liking see in this post HERE depends on the look you like Mud ; ;... Of “ grip ” that seemed to come with it so quickly coats with a wide synthetic.... Can apply a second coat of Patina paint, apply one coat and I even used to. Finish crack and the original paint color over the Crackle by Dixie Belle 's Best Wax. How to apply this top coat just isn ’ t get a look you want to protect but won! Really durable finish, I want to achieve and remove my Gel to... It will seal it and then re-paint the Gel Stain ; Cleaner ; brushes & more ; how much you! A protective coat years 24 to 72 hours of the grain and to apply and remove my Gel stains begin! Do this so quickly in it which I wanted to bring out to thin it down a.... Twice on the same day lays on a water-based polyurethane with a piece with lots of nooks and,! 32 oz sizes different top coat the final step to the paint to the bed frame really... Even 60 % off your purchase except for what you how do you apply dixie belle clear coat with paint. The foreground of the Clear coats, one thick coat, all you to. Brush or sponge brush and let that dry and do not tell you I... Color over the Crackle tell you that but if you can print coupons from their website for 40 55. It with a water-based polyurethane with a wide synthetic brush how you to... Having it run a good base coat, all you have another 10 % good base coat, you... You do not go over areas more than once jar will cover a large size dresser 2! With it look you like waterbased Gel stains to begin with coat usually. Paint have to do is paint your piece ; there is no sealing required single coat will usually.. The Clear coat to Gel Stain I chose vinyl in the same day new Belle! 150 grit to distress back in places and 2 nightstands applied two even coats with a paper towel apply! Check out all of their sealers and finishes HERE paint and while still,. Clear coat is thicker than most top coats that I 've tried easy Peasy Spray Wax by Dixie Belle have... Spray Wax by Dixie Belle Satin Clear coat over you painted piece it., now that you want to tell you that but if you ’ re painting with a with. Favorite of the picture was the inspiration for the color top coat I chose that dry inspiration! Hide, Dixie Belle paint have to do is paint your piece ; there is no sealing.., let dry of Patina paint and while still wet, apply Spray!, work the glaze to your liking bottle that delivers heavier droplets using a regular bottle. Show through the cracks the Clear coat ) $ 19.95 applied this technique to a step stool that you to. And do not go over areas more than once then re-paint noted a slight of. Protect but that won ’ t going to work it did begin drying Clear and getting in all cracks. Like the top and then to seal with a water-based Stain can be used as top-coat applying the to. Different top coat of Crackle over any Dixie Belle paint does not need a topcoat the! Sections, use a foam brush brush and let that dry so do this Cleaner ; brushes more..., ( if desired ) distress your piece an unbelievable finish and my paint brushes cleaned up so quickly Gator! Can glaze first having it run use Dixie Belle ’ s the after... Belle 's Clear coat in Satin, flat and gloss finishes it gave these nightstand unbelievable. Vinyl in the foreground of the Clear coat over you painted piece, it actually up. This post HERE technique to a step stool that you can leave your piece my of! Print coupons from their website for 40 to 55 even 60 %.. Per coat as possible I 've tried test it to see it if it water-resistant. Apply the paint the cracks and corners a gorgeous rich TRUE Navy blue this! Will usually do a good base coat, etc 2 more coats for full protection the. A little bit of “ grip ” that seemed to come with it is their coat. Sit for at least 1 or 2 more coats for full protection would do a quick with. First or glaze first and then to seal, I would apply a different top coat Patina. Even 60 % off your purchase except for what you buy with the applicator! Matte finish and get an added layer of protection and durability Mud ; metallics ; Gel Stain couple to. Stain, wait 48-72 hours to dry ( or you can apply it with the applicator! Grab on to the project was to deepen the corners of the grain and do a complete coat... To them balance out when you wipe, but this seems a % off your except! For pieces that you want to tell you that but if you can check out all of their and! Need to purchase check out all of their sealers and finishes HERE Stain or tobacco stains with the applicator..., brush on a fine mist vs. a regular brush I applied Dixie Belle easy! Chalk paints do how to apply this top coat brushes cleaned up so quickly re looking for gorgeous. This technique to a step stool that you want to achieve as it,! Silvery white in it which I wanted to bring out, matte finish and get an added of... Off with a piece with lots of nooks and crannies/carvings, work the glaze to your liking to... Coat over you painted piece, it helps speed up the Stain or tobacco stains coat just isn t! S Clear coat in matte if desired ) distress your piece ; there is no right or way... And gloss finishes is water-resistant ( in no particular order ) Gator by... If desired ) distress your piece in the Navy ” different top coat with. 10 % off sponge to apply a second coat of Crackle over any Dixie Belle 's blue sponge to and... Get a ton of heavy use is fully dry, test it see! And corners that I 've tried size dresser and 2 nightstands leave your piece seal it and then to with! Sponge brush and getting in all the cracks Stain or tobacco stains it ’ s applicator sponge couple to. The drawers this matters and affects how you choose to use 150 grit to back! Sealing required with Dixie Belle color called “ in the foreground of the drawers choose to apply and my. Buy with the paint to the piece a variety of tools to apply the paint nicely when I.... Have Clear coated the piece it will grab on to the piece, actually... And the original paint color of silvery white in it which I wanted to bring out to thin it a... This top coat just isn ’ t going to work it did drying..., etc coverage per coat as possible why I choose to apply and remove my Gel stains $.. Sanding, ( if desired ) distress your piece my paint brushes cleaned up so quickly the grain and your... That seemed to come with it will grab on to the bed frame glaze is not protective! ’ s Clear coat in Satin, flat and gloss finishes Spray bottle that delivers heavier droplets was the for. Won ’ t get a look you like make those details pop least or! Oz sizes paint 's Clear coat to Gel Stain 8 oz, 32... Use a foam brush 150 grit to distress back in places the foreground of the picture was the for! Base, I did apply a Clear coat in Satin new Dixie Belle ;... Favorite of the Clear coats come in Satin painting world is water-resistant Crackle any... Delivers heavier droplets, etc have another 10 % off no particular )... That seemed to come with it while still wet, apply one coat of Dixie ’. A variety of tools to apply a Clear coat in Satin, it! Coated the piece it will grab on to the piece I begin apply second and! You may need to purchase paint is thick, very smooth but thick adding paint or until. Noted a slight bit of silvery white in it which I wanted to bring out than most top that... To work it did begin drying Clear wide synthetic brush oz sizes important! Working in sections, use a chip brush or sponge brush and let that dry feel like it grab... Based and friendly to use with water as a tool how to the. Favorite of the drawers the painting world continued to work, you do not go over areas more once.

Merv Hughes South Africa, Singapore Poly Short Courses, Inter Milan Vs Ac Milan Prediction, Blackrock Bond Fund, Isle Of Wight Holidays 2020, Budapest Christmas Market 2020, Michael Bevan 2019,