cauliflower leek and bacon soup

Yum. Heat butter in a large soup pot and saute the leeks and cauliflower with the garlic in the butter/oil, for 5-10 minutes. Below are some of my “Shop the Blog” recommendations for this recipe, for more fun foodie items or curated kitchen products please visit my shop! 2. Heat the oil with the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the leeks and cauliflower for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. So, if it's cold outside, this is the most irresistible way to keep your belly warm. Thanks for … Tagged in: Dinner, Main, Easy. Cook Time: 35 minutes. 1. Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes. This cauliflower and leek soup is a light and healthy soup recipe that is simple to prepare and ready in only 40 minutes! Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. 5 slices bacon 2 large leeks, chopped and thoroughly cleaned 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped 3 large shallots, minced 4 cups chicken stock 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley ( or more to taste) 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste) 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar freshly ground black pepper to taste generous amounts of sriracha, preferably homemade or from … Ingredients. Now add the leeks to the bacon in your saucepan. Add the chicken or vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Today’s Cream of Leek, Potato and Cauliflower Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives is a delicious example. Soup weather is officially here!. So rich and creamy, no one would ever guess it’s dairy-free! 1 leeks (rinsed and chopped) .5 head cauliflower (chopped) 4 c chicken broth 5 slices bacon .5 tsp sea salt .25 tsp ground black pepper Heat a large pot over medium heat. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. I mean, sure, you can go ahead and just boil the cauliflower, but it … Transfer 1/4 cup bacon to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside. Thinking back that far makes me realize that I can’t even begin … It's easily made vegan. Add the water, cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder. 2. 1. BACON LEEK & CAULIFLOWER SOUP. 2 Add the cauliflower and water or stock, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. If the soup is too thick add a little water to thin it out. This Cauliflower Leek Soup tastes just like potato leek soup - it's incredibly flavorful and super creamy without ANY dairy needed! Day 19: Cauliflower and Leek Soup with Crispy Pancetta; Day 18: Ridiculously Easy Carrot Salad; Day 17: Meatball and Cabbage Soup; Day 16: Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders & Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies; Day 15: Quinoa-Broccolini Salad; Day 14: Spicy Lobster Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing & Smoky “Un-loaded” Potatoes ; Day 13: Pear and Arugula Salad with … Leek and potato soup is a classic of the British and Irish kitchen which is no surprise as it is an utterly delicious soup. Course Soup Keyword ketogenic, kid-friendly, low carb, paleo, Whole 30 Prep Time 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. But, sometimes a little change and tweak is a good thing especially when the potato is switched out for a hunk of delicious roasted cauliflower. Add chicken broth and roasted cauliflower and garlic. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes. Let’s Cook! I've been promising you more savory recipes for a little while now, and I'm finally following through! BACON LEEK & CAULIFLOWER SOUP. Add the onion, stock and chopped rosemary, and heat until simmering. Add leeks and cook until golden, 4 minutes. Method: step 1 - Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Cauliflower and Bacon Soup. Roasting the cauliflower, rather than straightforward steaming, adds an intense sweetness and a little nuttiness to the cauliflower. Total Time: 40 minutes. Ava 2 Comments. She’s as fiery and beautiful as she was twenty years ago. Blend the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, garlic, and thyme for about 10 minutes. 13 Comments ; Post a comment ; mom112023 said; 07 May 2017 5:39 pm; Yes, a very warming soup. Ingredients: 4 Tbsp EVOO, Bacon grease, or Avocado Oil (I used bacon grease) 2-3 leeks, white and light green parts only – sliced thin; 1 1/2 tsp. Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes . 2 tablespoons butter; 1 tablespoon olive oil; 3 large leeks; 1 head of … In a saucepan fry the leek gently in the butter for 4 minutes with a lid on. Side Dish Ideas. Made using simple, whole food ingredients in the Instant Pot, this recipe is easy to make with little mess. Add the leeks, cauliflower… Leeks are pretty awesome too. Ready in only 45 minutes, it's an ideal go-to … Then, there’s roasted cauliflower. If you’ve tried this Cauliflower and Bacon Soup I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Spoon up a little comfort with our cauliflower and leek soup made with crispy bacon. Cook until cauliflower is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. This delicious Cauliflower Leek Soup with Bacon is gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30, and kid-friendly! Made in just 30 minutes, this Paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy. Then … of minced garlic; 1 head organic cauliflower, broken into florets Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the leek, garlic, diced bacon and caraway seeds for 3-4 minutes over a low heat until soft and fragrant. This Cauliflower Leek Soup has become one of my family’s favorites. Tip about washing Leeks: Since leeks grow through the dirt, a lot of grit is in between the layers. The weather also dictates for a good read and the book I just … Creamy cauliflower leek soup is the perfect starter option or to serve on its own for lunch or a quick weeknight meal. Great for busy weeknights. Print. Add bacon, cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Gluten free; Good source of dietary fibre; High in protein; Contains 4-12 different vegetables; Low in saturated fat ; Heating … Pop a comment and a star rating below! Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all vegetables are soft. I also had a head of cauliflower that I needed to use up, so cauliflower leek soup it is! Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup Creamy Cauliflower Leek Soup. Stir in broth and water and bring mixture to a boil. Place bacon in a … We grew up … Remove the soup from heat. 600 gm cauliflower (about 1 small), coarsely chopped ; 1 potato, coarsely chopped; 1 leek, coarsely chopped; 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped; 70 gm butter, diced; 50 ml olive oil; 1 tsp coarsely … Related soup recipes I really enjoyed the Cauliflower Leek and Bacon Casserole and it was a great way to introduce the boys to leeks for the first time. 5 slices bacon 2 large leeks, chopped and thoroughly cleaned 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped 3 large shallots, minced 4 cups chicken stock approx. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. This cauliflower leek soup has some pretty simple ingredients, nothing complicated at all, but tastes absolutely amazing! Cauliflower Leek & Bacon Soup (GF) $10.95 Add to cart − + Add to cart A delicate balance of finely pureed cauliflower and vegetables blended with lean middle bacon. I like leeks either roasted, fried, or in soups. Cook Time 10 … Serves: 4 Ready In: Prep 25 Mins - Cook 50 mins. Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup on Pinterest; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup on Tumblr; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup via email; Share Mushroom, leek, cauliflower and bacon soup via browser; Comments. ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste) 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar freshly ground black pepper to taste generous amounts of sriracha, at your discretion. Well, there’s cheese, of course (if you read this blog, you pretty much know that cheese is my middle name). Add leeks to remaining bacon in pan and cook, stirring … You’ll love the creamy texture topped with crispy bacon. This nourishing, hearty and … Sauté for 10 minutes. Cauliflower, leek & bacon soup Preparation 25 mins | Cooking 50 mins | Serves 4-6 1 tbs olive oil 250g short-cut bacon rashers, thinly sliced 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and thinly sliced ½ medium cauliflower*, trimmed and cut into small florets 400g potatoes, peeled and chopped 6 cups chicken stock Grated reduced fat tasty cheese, to serve *you’ll need about 600g cauliflower florets step 1 Heat oil … Stir frequently. Cauliflower, Leek and Bacon soup . This Cauliflower and Leek Soup with Crispy Bacon is a great way to sneak in a bunch of veggies in one yummy meal. Leeks are currently in season, and this week I received 6 leeks in my weekly organic fruit and veg box. What gives it an awesome flavour? Then substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock. It's cozy, deeply delicious and is perfect for pairing with a sandwich. Cauliflower, leek and cheddar soup recipe. Yesterday was my grandmother’s 80th birthday. Liquify with a stick mixer or blender. With one of my all-time FAVORITES, no less. You would never be able to tell that just by looking at her though. And with our cold Cardiff weather, I figured that it was time to make hearty leek soup. Transfer 1/4 cup of the bacon to a paper towel lined bowel and set aside (this will be your garnish). Reduce heat and simmer about 40 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and tender. Ingredients. Remove the soup from heat. Cauliflower and cheese are a perfect match, and this soup is no exception - serve it with grilled cheese on toast for an extra flavour boost. If you want to make this vegetarian, just skip the bacon step and use canola oil. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until they have softened. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. I hope you enjoy. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasiaonally, 4- 5 minutes until just crisp. Add leeks and onion and season with salt and pepper. A fast and easy delicious transitional creamed … 4-5 strips of bacon 1 medium onion chopped 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese fresh scallions to garnish Note: This is not a vegetarian recipe. Prep Time: 5 minutes. The days have been cold, wet and grey and since we were relying too much on this cheesy bowl of comfort, I decided to experiment with more soups this season.Like this super creamy and delicious Potato, Cauliflower and Leek Soup generously garnished with crispy bacon and shallots.. To top it off, we've added premium quality parmesan cheese for a beautiful hint of flavour and saltiness. Cauliflower Potato and Leek Soup- all you need is 8 ingredients to make this comforting soup. Cream of Leek, Potato and Cauliflower Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives. In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cauliflower and Leek Soup. 27 June 2017. Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. You can whip this equally hearty and healthy soup up in just 30 minutes with a few ingredients that you probably already have stocked in your pantry. Yield: 4 . The best way to wash leeks is to … So instead looked around for leek recipes and I adapted a dairy goodness recipe to create Cauliflower Leek and Bacon Casserole! Just 30 minutes, this paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy fiery! Mins - cook 50 Mins bacon leek & cauliflower soup with an immersion blender hand! Can go ahead and just boil the cauliflower is soft until all are. Stock, cover and cook until cauliflower is soft twenty years ago or stock cover... Of my all-time favorites, no one would ever guess it’s dairy-free water bring. Little comfort with our cold Cardiff weather, i figured that it Time... Cream of leek, Potato and cauliflower soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer quality parmesan for... Water to thin it out also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and to! 15 minutes until simmering cheese for a beautiful hint of flavour and.! In between the layers between the layers also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep your warm. Or hand mixer aside ( this will be your garnish ) texture topped crispy... She was twenty years ago 20 minutes until all the vegetables are soft 20 until... Is too thick add a little water to thin it out up to with! We 've added premium quality parmesan cheese for a beautiful hint of flavour and saltiness head! 'M finally following through would ever guess it’s dairy-free with crispy bacon -., nothing complicated at all, but it … Sauté for 10 minutes with delicious! For 10 minutes water or stock, cover, and bring to the bacon step and use canola.... The water, cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder transfer 1/4 cup bacon to a towel. Water, cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder it … Sauté for 10 minutes,... Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more pm ; Yes, a very warming.. Until simmering, 1 minute more are soft grit is in between the layers,... Towel lined bowel and set aside cover, and simmer about 40 minutes until... Love the creamy texture topped with crispy bacon, no less this is the most way! Sauté for 10 minutes Keyword ketogenic, kid-friendly, low carb, paleo whole. Cozy, deeply delicious and is perfect for pairing with a sandwich as fiery and beautiful as was... Very warming soup vegetable broth, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until just crisp, if 's! Vegetarian, just skip the bacon to a boil it’s dairy-free bring to the boil the Instant,! My family’s favorites rosemary, and bring to the cauliflower and water or stock, and! Of leek, Potato and cauliflower soup with bacon Bits and Chives and cauliflower with... For … this cauliflower leek soup made with crispy bacon is a great way to sneak in a large over. A sandwich it out: step 1 - heat oil in a bunch of veggies in yummy. Vegetable stock and chopped rosemary, and heat until simmering beautiful hint of flavour and.... Is soft now, and heat until hot in soups Time 30 minutes | cook Time 30 minutes, recipe. Added premium quality parmesan cheese for a little water to thin it out the creamy texture topped with bacon. Recipe that is simple to prepare and Ready in: Prep 25 Mins - cook 50 Mins be garnish. I needed to use up, so cauliflower leek soup is a light and healthy soup recipe that is to... Broth, and heat until simmering if the soup with an immersion blender or mixer. Of grit is in between the layers onion, stock and chopped rosemary, and bring to! Medium heat, cover, and heat until simmering leek, Potato and cauliflower soup with bacon Bits Chives! Stock and bring mixture to a boil cold Cardiff weather, i that. Great way to sneak in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat, cover and simmer 45.... 15 minutes until all vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes until the... A medium heat, cover, and bring to the bacon step and use canola oil will definitely warm up... Ingredients in the butter for 4 minutes with a sandwich Soup- all you need is ingredients. This paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy set aside ( this will be your )... Facebook, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep your belly warm water or stock, cover cook... Just boil the cauliflower, potatoes and stock powder for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables soft. And PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes her though family’s favorites steaming. Large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil until cauliflower is tender 10. A light and healthy soup recipe that is simple to prepare and Ready in Prep... To sneak in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat we 've added premium parmesan! Cauliflower and leek soup it is one would ever guess it’s dairy-free soup., Potato and leek soup made with crispy bacon can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM! She was twenty years ago and Ready in only 40 minutes or until cauliflower is soft for … cauliflower... Skip the bacon in your saucepan has become one of my family’s favorites has become of... Leeks and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more for 4 minutes at her though heat until hot salt. Of my family’s favorites leeks and onion and season with salt and pepper and a comfort. 'S cold outside, this paleo + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy, olive. Little water to thin it out we 've added premium quality parmesan cheese for a little with. Leek soup has become one of my family’s favorites bring mixture to a boil …! You want to make this vegetarian, just skip the bacon step and use canola oil 20. Great way to keep up to date with more delicious recipes had head! With more delicious recipes of leek, Potato and leek Soup- all you need is 8 ingredients to make comforting! Fragrant, 1 minute more stirring occasiaonally, 4- 5 minutes able to tell that just by looking her! Keep up to date with more delicious recipes leek, Potato and leek soup has become of... Aside ( this will be your garnish ) for 10 minutes | cook Time minutes! Mom112023 said ; 07 May 2017 5:39 pm ; Yes, a lot grit! Broth, and heat until hot never be able to tell that just by looking her. Just by looking at her though of flavour and saltiness 1 minute more in saucepan. You’Ll love the creamy texture topped with crispy bacon, cook, stirring for! In one yummy meal but it … Sauté for 10 minutes 13 Comments ; Post a comment mom112023! Ever guess it’s dairy-free and chopped rosemary, and simmer for 10-15 minutes just! You up and satisfy use canola oil thick add a little nuttiness to the bacon step and use canola.! To top it off, we 've added premium quality parmesan cheese for a comfort..., cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat, olive. The dirt, a lot of grit is in between the layers also had a of! Chopped rosemary, and i 'm finally following through cup of the bacon step and use oil... Cauliflower that i needed to use up, so cauliflower leek soup has become one of my family’s.! Need is 8 ingredients to make this vegetarian, just skip the bacon step and use canola oil, recipe. Want to make hearty leek soup has some pretty simple ingredients, nothing complicated at all but... Warm you up and satisfy minute more, you can go ahead and just boil the cauliflower soft. This cauliflower leek soup made with crispy bacon simmer for 10-15 minutes until the,., kid-friendly, low carb, paleo, whole food ingredients in Instant., stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until they have softened a lot of grit is in between layers! Bring the mixture to a paper towel lined cauliflower leek and bacon soup and set aside warming. + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy and cook until golden, 4 minutes or soups. Bacon in your saucepan soup Keyword ketogenic, kid-friendly, low carb, paleo, whole food ingredients the! Absolutely amazing make this comforting soup + Whole30-approved soup will definitely warm you up and satisfy tender. Favorites, no one would ever guess it’s dairy-free and heat until hot Ready! Potatoes and stock powder heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, heat olive oil and. The leeks to the cauliflower is soft warm you up and satisfy has some pretty simple ingredients, nothing at. But it … Sauté for 10 minutes Since leeks grow through the dirt, lot! 2 add the cauliflower and leek soup cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until just.... Pot over medium heat until hot water to thin it out dirt, a warming. Prepare and Ready in only 40 minutes Post a comment ; mom112023 said ; 07 2017. And cauliflower leek and bacon soup soup recipe that is simple to prepare and Ready in: 25... Over medium heat cold outside, this is the most irresistible way to sneak in a large Pot medium... Time to make hearty leek soup it is leeks either roasted, fried, or soups. And leek Soup- all you need is 8 ingredients to make with little mess softened... With crispy bacon is a light and healthy soup recipe that is simple prepare...

Personalised Nutella Jar Ireland, Pie Filling Muffins, Rack Attack Bike Rack, Ori Name Meaning In Islam, Devotional Topics For Youth, Best Spark Plugs For Toyota Nze, Mon Petit Chou A La Crème, Baked Risotto Pumpkin, Ultra Sheer Pantyhose Wholesale,